Thursday, January 5, 2012

Help, I Have a Bored Baby on My Hands

My question to all you lovely readers out there who have been in this situation before is, what were/are your favorite activities to do with a 7 month old baby? Lately, Chloe seems to be getting bored with our daily routine, and to be quite honest I'm not really sure what else I should be doing with her. We play all day long with her toys and stuffed animals, we read and sing songs, listen to music, do chores around the house, and then of course there's eating, diaper changes and nap time mixed in throughout the day as well.

I'd love to hear any advice or input you guys might have on what fun, age appropriate activities me and little miss Chloe can do!

7 comments:

  1. Projectbaby put up a cute/funny post on how she keeps her little one entertained. I hope you like it too! The link is below:

    http://www.projectbabyblog.com/post/15306975719/box-o-fun#disqus_thread

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eliza for the great link, I should give the box-o-fun a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. walks are always a life saver for me at that age. even when it's cold - bundle them up and get out! plus they usually nap better afterwards :) playgroups are fun too so that they can be with other kids even if they just look at each other - they still like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the suggestions above. I've tried to join some moms groups -- we go out to walk around at Barnes and Noble or Target or the grocery store (no local mall, which is sad) -- I put her in a sling/baby carrier and have her "help" me with chores -- drop by with cookies or coffee for a friend -- take swimming lessons and mommy-and-me yoga -- I'll keep thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies for the great suggestions. Chloe loves when I wear her to go for a walk, so I definitely need to do more of that! and a playgroup or gym class would be a lot of fun too!! Courtney, I love the idea of the mommy-and-me-yoga class, I need to look around for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW ABOUT CHECKING FOR AGE APPROPRIATE PROGRAMS AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY? I DID THAT WITH ALL THREE OF MY BOYS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxy that's a great idea!! I never even thought of that.

    ReplyDelete