Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Breastfeeding on Sesame Street: Part 2


Lani from Booby Time wrote a post on her blog about bringing breastfeeding back on Sesame Street that I think everyone should go check out, here's the link to it! Chloe and I loved watching the old clips from Sesame Street together that Lani included in her post. It was amazing to see woman on tv breastfeeding  their babies and hearing them talk about it so openly was really inspiring to me. This is what we need to see more of!

There is a petition going around for who ever would like to sign it to put breastfeeding back on Sesame Street, here is the link to that. I really encourage everyone to take a minute to sign it, we need to show support for our breastfeeding Mothers and make breastfeeding a normal part of everyday life again!

4 comments:

  1. Love this on so many levels. My local moms group had a "nurse in" this summer at a store that asked a woman to leave when she was nursing her baby. The more people see breastfeeding, the more comfortable they will be -- Sesame Street is a great place to start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! :) Wow that is so cool that your Mom's group had a nurse in- I love that! I bet that store was pretty surprised when all of you nursed at the same time! I cant believe someone would ask them to leave!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the post!! As a nursing mama myself I've been so upset to hear all this stuff that has been going on lately...and I'm going to love on that petition link you posted!

      Delete
    3. Aw your welcome! & thank you so much for taking the time to sign the petition, your awesome! :)

      Delete