Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Chicago Trip

We had a great time in Chicago, spent a lot of time with my family which was so nice since we don't get to see them very often. Mike got to spend some time with one of his good friends, and I got to see a good friend of mine and her husband, who by the way is also expecting! We had a great time at thanksgiving, my Grandma always makes the best dinner. Most of my cousins were there as well, I cant believe how fast they are all growing up. At dinner my Grandma made a toast, and announced to the family that Mike and I had some very exciting news to share. Before I could even get out that we were expecting, my uncle said Congratulations and started clapping, the rest of my family followed. It was pretty funny, I guess everyone already knew. On Wednesday me, Mike, and my Dad went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dinner. It was so good to see the family, we had a really good time and after dinner played a game of gin rummy with my cousins. I miss my family very much and sometimes it is really hard living so far away from everyone, I feel like I am missing out on so much, but I am very grateful that I got to spend time with everyone during Thanksgiving week.

Some other news, I am wearing glasses now, I have to take a long break from contacts. I got a really bad eye infection as soon as we arrived in Chicago, and spent the first 3 days not being able to see at all. My eye seems to be all healed now, and my Dad bought me a pair of glasses. I am still continuing to experience morning sickness, at least 2-3 times a day. Besides the morning sickness though, I am starting to feel better, and I seem to have more energy so that's really exciting. My husband has been so great, he takes care of me everyday. I really feel like the luckiest girl in the world that I am his wife!

It's nice to be back in Seattle, this month is going to be very busy. I cant wait for my husband and I to get our first Christmas tree and decorate it together!

Today I am 13 weeks and 4 days pregnant, my third prenatal appointment is December 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment