Sunday, December 5, 2010

Second Trimester


I am now in my second trimester! I am so excited about that, and I am really, really hoping that the morning sickness will soon come to an end. On Thursday our midwife asked for us to come into the office. Mike had called them on Wednesday to let them know that I am not able to keep much food down (this has been going on for a couple months now), and he told them I have lost about 20 lbs.

Mike and I were really worried, and just wanted to make sure everything is ok with our baby. Our midwife told us that the baby will take what it needs first, and that experiencing morning sickness into the second trimester is normal for some woman. She gave me a lot of different tricks to try out to help with the nausea and vomiting. She also said that if I cant keep anything down (food and water) for 24 hrs to call them immediately.

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the second time, it is already starting to sound so much stronger and louder then the first time we got to hear our baby's heartbeat. It was so reassuring to be able to hear the heartbeat, I felt like I could breath again. The first time we heard the heartbeat the heart rate was 160, now it's 120. I am pretty convinced it's a boy, but we wont know for sure for another couple weeks.

This week is a busy week for our baby, lot's of growing! Our baby is now 3 1/2 inches long and weighs 1 1/2 ounces. He/She can now squint, frown, pee, and suck his/her thumb. It's amazing how fast our little baby is growing everyday. I cant wait till I can hold him/her in my arms, look into their eyes and give them lots of kisses all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment