Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Everything Is Ok

 My beautiful daughter in 4d at 26 weeks and 4 days

So yesterday we ended up having an unscheduled ultrasound. Yesterday morning I called my midwife and expressed to her that I was feeling concerned because I hadn't felt any movement from Chloe since Saturday afternoon. I was really worried because I feel my baby's movements everyday, and her movements have been getting much stronger to the point were I can see my belly move when she is kicking. So it was really scary to all of a sudden not be able to feel anything for several days. My midwife told me to come in at 12:30 to possibly do a non stress test and to hear the baby's heartbeat. I called Mike while he was at work and told him that our midwife wanted us to come in that afternoon. Mike left work early and came home and we were able to go to our appointment together which was such a huge relief to have him there with me.

When we got to the birth center my midwife had me lay down immediately so we could check for the baby's heartbeat. She found Chloe's heartbeat right away, and it sounded nice and strong. It was such a huge relief to her heartbeat! My midwife suggested though that we go to the hospital next door where we had gotten our 20 week ultrasound and have another ultrasound done to really see what was going on with our baby.

Luckily there was an opening right away at the hospital and we didn't have to wait to be seen. It was amazing to see Chloe again through the ultrasound, she already looked so much bigger then the last time we saw her almost 7 weeks ago. The ultrasound technician took all of Chloe's measurements and looked at all the necessary things to make a complete assessment on Chloe's health. We could clearly see that Chloe was moving around, kicking her little legs and feet, and moving her arms and hands. At one point in the ultrasound we could see that Chloe had her feet all the way up by her head lol, It was so cute! We also got to see Chloe's face in 4d which was beyond the most amazing thing I had ever seen. Seriously I cant even describe how incredible it was to see my daughter's face so clearly, it really was so touching and it left me completely in awe!

The doctor came in a little bit later to go over the ultrasound. She said Chloe looks completely perfect, that she weighs 2.4 lbs and is moving around a lot. The doctor told us that baby's usually don't have a routine yet until at around 28 weeks and that most mothers do not feel all of their baby's movements. She also told us that I have a little more amniotic fluid then I had before which could be what is causing me to feel less of Chloe's movements. I asked the doctor what is causing me to have more fluid, and she said that the extra fluid is Urine from Chloe which could mean that I have gestational diabetes because Chloe is peeing more then she should. I am scheduled to take the glucose screening test next Tuesday with my midwife but the doctor I saw today suggested that I take the test sometime this week instead. She kept reassuring me that Chloe is completely healthy though, and that she is not worried at all but that she does want me to come in again next Tuesday for another ultrasound and a non stress test.

Mike and I both felt so relieved that we were able to see Chloe, hear her heartbeat, and to know that she is perfectly fine and healthy. I will admit though that I am really worried about taking the glucose test, and I am worried that they are going to tell me I have gestational diabetes. All I want is for my baby to be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment