Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Great News

On Friday I will be 30 weeks! Seriously, I cant believe I am already this far along. This pregnancy has gone by so fast, way faster then I imagined it was going to go by. It's strange, I am at this stage in my pregnancy were it almost feels bitter sweet that it's nearing the end. On one hand I absolutely cant wait for the day my daughter is born, when I can finally hold her in my arms and look into her eyes and just stare in amazement that God himself would give my husband and I this incredible gift! Then on the other hand I have really loved being pregnant, and selfishly I feel sad that it's coming to an end. I know that I will never forget these 9 months, it's really been a life changing journey for me, and for the first time in my life I have so much appreciation and respect for my body.

Ok on to the good news lol. Today I had an appointment with my midwife. She told me that the results for the glucose test came back negative and that I don't have gestational diabetes! I cant tell you how good it felt to hear her say that. We talked about preparing more for the birth and my postpartum care and the tests that they will run after my daughter is born. She also suggested that this would be a good time to start researching pediatricians in our area and to choose the one we like for our daughter. I guess they need to know by 37 weeks the name of the doctor we have picked for our baby. The rest of the appointment went great, my blood pressure was perfect, she felt for the baby's positioning, and we got to hear our little girls heartbeat. My midwife measured me, which she started doing once I hit 24 weeks, today I measured at 31. I have consistently been measuring a little bit bigger but they figure that's due to the extra fluid I have so there not at all worried about it.

So thats my wonderful news, It's been a busy day, but a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment