Monday, March 7, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Last Thursday I was scheduled to take the glucose test. I fasted for 3 hrs, drank the glucose sugar drink they gave me in under 5 minutes and then Mike and I drove to the birth center to get my blood taken. When we got to the birth center one of my midwifes was there to take my blood and send it to the lab to get tested. Unfortunately my veins are really small and she couldn't get any blood, she tried twice, one in each arm and then also checked my hands, but none of my veins worked. To much time had passed after I drank the glucose drink (they have to take your blood exactly 1 hr after you drink the sugar drink) so she couldn't try anymore to find a vein that would work. Tomorrow I have to fast and drink that disgusting drink again, and go to an actual lab to get my blood drawn. I was definitely frustrated when my midwife told me I had to take the test again. As much as I love my midwife's I have to admit they kinda suck at drawing blood, lol.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day, I have to go to the lab and get my blood drawn, then I have to go to the hospital to do a non stress test and have another ultrasound, and then after that I have my regular prenatal checkup with my midwife. I am praying everything still looks great with my daughter when they do the ultrasound tomorrow and that she is still growing properly. I have been feeling her move all the time so that's been a huge relief! I still don't know why I wasn't feeling any of her movements for a couple days last week. 

I should find out the results from the glucose test hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday, and if I do have gestational diabetes then I can learn what I need to do to ensure that Chloe will continue to grow and be healthy. I will keep everyone updated when I find out the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment