Thursday, October 6, 2011

On Pumpkins, Baby Gym, Meet Up Groups, and Sleep

Fall is finally here and I am loving it! This is by far my favorite time of year (oh and also spring of course)! Mike and I are so excited to be spending Halloween with Chloe this year. We decided we're not going to dress Chloe up in costume this Halloween but we are going to take her on a little adventure in a few weeks to Bob's Corn and Pumpkin Farm to have some fun outside and to pick out three perfect pumpkins to take home and carve! I love doing stuff like this as a family and having Chloe here with us makes it that much more special!

In other news, can you believe that in just 8 days my sweet Chloe is going to be 4 months old? Time is just going way to fast these days! We decided that this would be the perfect time to enroll Chloe in her own little gym class. Last Tuesday we had our first introductory class at The Little Gym, Chloe and I had the greatest time! Chloe's class is called Bugs(how cute is that) and the age range is from 4-10 months old. Chloe is the youngest in her class but there is this adorable little boy who is just a few weeks older then Chloe, and my daughter seems to have a little crush on him, she was holding his hand and even trying to show off in front of him!!

The class is 45 minutes long and packed with so many great activities for babies and parents to do. Our teacher was so fun, encouraging, and great with all the babies. He seemed to really love his job and was very knowledgeable on child development. Overall I felt that the staff was very kind, energetic, and helpful! My favorite part of the class was when we put all the babies in the middle of this big colorful parachute and all the mommies grabbed an end of the parachute and walked slowly in a circle while singing a song, it was so adorable seeing a bunch of babies laying and sitting together in the middle of this big parachute! I think Chloe and I are going to have a lot of fun in this class, and that we're really going to learn a lot together. I also hope that my daughter and I can make some really great friendships with the other babies and mommies!

Also just recently I joined a Mommy and baby group on the website Meetup. We haven't gone to any of the groups meetups yet but we are really excited to. I'm really hoping that Chloe and I will make some great friendships. I definitely think its important to have some adult interaction from time to time otherwise I will probably go crazy just talking to a baby all day!

Oh and some other wonderful news in the Lang household is that Chloe has been sleeping great this week!! She either wakes up once around 4 in the morning to nurse and then falls back asleep till 8:30 or 9 or she will sleep through the night and wont wake up till 8:30 or 9 in the morning!

It's so wonderful to be getting some sleep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment