Thursday, October 20, 2011

Babywearing 101: Why I Love Babywearing

I decided that I'm going to write a babywearing series! I have never done anything like this before so I'm a little nervous but also really excited to pass on what I have learned thus far. Babywearing is something that I love and support and I would love to be able to educate more parents on all the amazing benefits that come with wearing your baby!


This series will include:

:: Why I love babywearing

:: The benefits of babywearing and safety tips 

:: Choices of carriers and where to buy

:: Best babywearing Links and videos

So to start this off here are my top 6 reasons why I love babywearing:
    :: My daughter loves it! She feels happy, safe, and content while being worn. Chloe is a very happy baby and rarely ever gets fussy, I honestly feel like babywearing has played a huge part in how happy and easygoing she is.

    :: Babywearing has helped me build a strong secure attachment with my daughter. Having Chloe so close to me at all times has helped me to learn her "language" which in turn has helped me to meet her needs right away, before she gets to the point of crying.

    :: Hands free!! I can still hold my daughter while being able to run errands and clean up around the apartment. 

    :: I love having my daughter in kissing reach!

    :: I love not having to deal with a bulky stroller. It does take some practice to learn how to wear your baby but once you learn it's so easy to do wherever you go.

    :: There are so many beautiful carries out there, you'll want to collect them all!

    I would love to hear your reasons why you love babywearing, leave me a comment down below!

    Up next: The benefits of babywearing and safety tips.

    2 comments:

    1. I think babywearing is awesome! Thank you for this series..I am nervous to try my baby bjorn carrier because it seems so involved and scary. I could sure use some tips!
      I've worn Lillian in just a sling before, and she and I love it!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm so glad your looking forward to reading this series!! I think babywearing is so awesome and would love to share what I know! Right now as we speak my daughter is sleeping in her carrier :), we have the Moby wrap and Babyhawk Mei Tai. How do you like your sling? I really would like to get one! I would really recommend looking into some other options for baby carries, the Bjorn style carrier isn't very comfortable for you to wear and it doesn't offer enough support for the baby. I cant say enough good things about the Babyhawk Mei Tai!!

      ReplyDelete