Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A New Appreciation

Through this journey of pregnancy, childbirth, and now motherhood I have a new found respect and appreciation for my body. Now when I look in the mirror I see a body that is strong, healthy, and nurturing, I see a body that grew the greatest most beautifulest gift I have ever received, I see a body that produces sweet milk for my daughter to drink. I am just in awe with God's creation of life and all its complexity. I can not thank God enough for blessing me with a body that is so perfectly made to have children. I feel so very blessed to have gotten the chance to experience pregnancy and the birth of my daughter.

In all honesty my body looks like its been through war. I have deep, pink stretchmarks that cover my stomach, loose skin from my belly stretching to accommodate my ever growing baby, and a long deep scar that runs across my lower abdomen from my c-section. To me my new body is beautiful because it tells a story that I am most proud of, the birth of my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment