Monday, August 22, 2011

More Than Anything


I am often filled with anxiety as a new Mother. Terrified I am doing everything wrong. Does Chloe feel loved?, Does she feel safe? Does she feel that she can trust that both her parents will meet her needs? Is she eating enough, sleeping enough, to hot or to cold? To many dirty diapers, not enough? Why is she spitting up so much today? Was it something I did, something I ate? Everyday these questions swirl around my head, making me feel completely exhausted and dizzy with worry. I will admit that there are times when I am scared  I am doing this whole Mothering thing wrong. I honestly hate that feeling.

I just want more than anything for Chloe to feel so loved and adored by her Father and I. I want her to feel safe and secure, that she can trust that her parents will meet her needs, that she never has to feel scared and alone. More than anything I want Chloe to know that her Mom and Dad will always be there for her, guiding her through her own journey in life. I want her to know how absolutely beautiful she is, and that God made her perfectly with his own hands. I want Chloe to feel proud of who she is, to feel confident. I want her to feel encouraged by her parents, supported, and that  her voice is heard.  More than anything I want Chloe to grow up in a home with parents that love each other and respect one an other.

I know that I am not going to be the perfect Mother, I know that I will make plenty of mistakes in raising my daughter, but more than anything I just want Chloe to know that her parents love her so  very much and that she makes us so incredibly happy. I pray that she never has to question that.

No comments:

Post a Comment