Monday, September 12, 2011

Meet Melanie: Oh Baby! Baby Blog


Meet Melanie, a soon to be first time Mommy and fellow blogger over at Oh, Baby! Baby Blog! Be sure to check out her lovely blog as she takes you through her journey of pregnancy and soon to be Motherhood!

Q: How would you describe yourself? 

A: I’m Melanie. My husband is my hero and my dog is my best friend. Together, we moved to Billings, Montana about a year ago to feed our exploitative, nature-thirsting drive. Our family will soon be joined by this active bundle of joy living in my belly! I can’t wait to go on adventures, discover life together, and take on the most important role of my entire life…as a mom.

Q: What are your favorite things to do? 

A: I’m a hiker, a camper, a reader, a writer, a photographer, a dog trainer, a researcher, a thinker, and a lover. I have a feeling that being a mom is about to trump it all!

Q: What are you most passionate about?

A: Growing, learning, and never giving up or standing still. As long as we are making progress and becoming our goal for ourselves, it doesn’t matter how long it takes us! Baby steps will get us there.

 Q: If you were ice cream what flavor would you be? 

A: I’d be organic blueberry sorbet (especially if you are what you eat, because I cannot get enough of it)!

Q: How did you find out that you were pregnant?

A: My husband surprised me one morning with a breakfast of flax seed waffles and organic maple syrup. Instead of giving him a big kiss and a thank you, I almost puked on him. I wanted it out of my sight immediately! From there, I got the bright idea to buy a pregnancy test.

Q: How did you tell your husband?

A: I told my husband at the laundry mat after we got done folding our clothes. I wanted to get him when he least expected it… and that is exactly what happened!

Q: What are some things that you love about being pregnant?

A: I love knowing that my baby is safe and sound inside of me. I love feeling those precious movements. Sometimes, they are so strong that I look around me half-expecting others in the room to have felt the mini-quakes as well. But they didn’t. Being pregnant is like having a secret between you and your baby. Others can only know if you let them in!

Q: What do you dislike about being pregnant?

A: Nausea and feeling like a walrus.

Q: What are some cravings you have had during your pregnancy?

A: A juicy steak topped with halved grapes! Mmm…

Q: When are you due?

A: October 21, 2011

Q: Do you know what you are having?

A: No, we will be surprised!

Q:What were you and your husbands reasons for wanting to keep the sex of your baby a surprise?

A: My husband and I have decided to have as little medical intervention as possible during the pregnancy as well as during labor. For that reason, we opted out of a mid-pregnancy anatomical ultrasound (which is when the sex of the baby can be seen!)

Q: What kind of environment are you planning for labor and delivery?

A: We are going for a natural, un-medicated birth with as little medical intervention as possible. We have chosen the path of midwifery and are combining Lamaze techniques and the Bradley Method for pain.

Q: What are some of your family traditions?

A: We give to the homeless. This is an important value we are excited to pass on to our child (to give to others who are less fortunate). And we always buy a live tree on Christmas!

Q: When did you start to blog?

A: I started blogging shortly after I found out I’m pregnant. Now, I am 34 weeks along and will keep writing as we learn new roles as parents!

Q: Have you always enjoyed writing?

A: Yes! Writing has been an important part of my life since I was a child. I love having words as a way to express myself during this incredible journey in my life!

Q: What do you love most about blogging?

A: I love to be able to share my experiences with other pregnant women who can feel overwhelmed with information. I also love to meet readers with the same interests and to network with other bloggers who share the same passion for writing!

Q: What advice would you give to an expecting Mother?

A: To be patient, pray often, drink lots of water, avoid stress, and eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment