Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Firsts: Pumpkin Carving


On Sunday evening after dinner and afternoon naps we decided it would be fun to carve a pumpkin together.  We went to Trader Joe's to find the perfect pumpkin to carve and after we got home we searched the internet for some design inspiration. I found a pumpkin that was carved into Jack's face from the movie Nightmare Before Christmas that we really liked, so we decided to give that a try.

 Chloe and I cleaned out the pumpkin together, and collected the seeds in a bowl for my brother to season and bake while Mike carved the pumpkin. I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with my husband's carving skills, I think our pumpkin turned out pretty darn awesome!

8 comments:

  1. It came out perfect!! Someone in your house has patience and a steady hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I'll bet that was fun with a candle in it!


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, We had a lot of fun carving the pumpkin!

      Delete
  3. That looks just like Jack's face!! Great job!!

    New follower from the blog hop! Can't wait to read more!
    Leslie @ Sincerely, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! and thanks for following!! I'm excited to check out your blog now!

      Delete