Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chloe Madison's Garden Themed First Birthday Party

Well I cant believe it, we survived Chloe's first birthday party! Everything turned out better then I could have ever imagined and I am so forever grateful to everyone who celebrated this special day with us. Chloe is one loved and adored little girl!

The Decorations
The colors we used for Chloe's party were pink, yellow, purple, orange, and Tiffany's blue. We decorated my Grandma's backyard with lots of balloons, streamers and this beautiful banner  from Etsy! We also used a few different types of flowers throughout the party as well to add to the garden theme.



The Guests
We were so happy that we were able to celebrate with all of our family here in Chicago. I loved having both my family and Mike's family together and Chloe got to meet her Uncle George and Aunt Debbie and her cousin Aaron for the first time. Unfortunately it's pretty difficult to be the host and the photographer at the same time so I wasn't able to get a picture of Chloe with each family member but I tried to at least get a picture of everyone there! 

 
 

The Food
Mike was amazing and grilled hamburgers and hot-dogs for the party and a few people also brought side dishes to share with everyone. We had homemade macaroni and cheese from my brother William, a beautiful fruit salad from Sara, my Mom's famous anti-pasta salad, sliced watermelon, Aunt Debbie's baked beans and corn, and brownies.
Everything was so good!

The Cake
We got two cakes for Chloe's party from a grocery store called Mariano's, a small(ish) smash cake just for Chloe and then a big sheet cake for our guests. Both cakes turned out so well and tasted amazing!

When it came time for everyone to sing "happy birthday" to Chloe I got so emotional thinking about the day she was born and how amazing it has been to watch my baby blossom into such a beautiful little girl. It took a lot for me not to break down and cry right in front of everyone!



The Gifts

Chloe received so many wonderful gifts from all of our family and friends.  Thank you all so very much!


After everyone left and my Grandma's house was clean again we headed home. Chloe was beyond tired and fell fast asleep the moment we got in the car. When we got home I was able to take Chloe out of her carseat, snapped that picture below, walk up the stairs to our house and then walk up another flight of stairs to our room where I laid her gently down in the bed and there she slept peacefully for two hours before waking up!

Hope you loved her first birthday party Chloe, I cant wait to look at all these pictures together when you get older!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful party! That smash cake is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney! and thanks Chloe loved her smash cake!

      Delete
  2. Love those cake smashing pictures! Beautiful colors and flowers. It would be fun to take a photo of her in front of that banner every year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaux! and that's such a great idea, thank you!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, everything is so cute! What a great cake, and those signs!? SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie!! I know I am in love with the banner, Etsy is the best!

      Delete
  4. Everything looked beautiful and it looks like Chloe had a good time! Ezrah was so exhausted after her party too...turning one takes a lots out of those little ones:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yes she had such a fun time, she loves being around lots of people! Haha yes it does, still cant believe they are both one now!

      Delete
  5. Such a cutie. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a great party! I can't believe she is already a year old. What a big accomplishment for you guys! She gets more beautiful every time I check back on your blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie for your sweet comments! We had such a great time at her 1st birthday party and I still cant believe she is now a one year old, times goes way too fast!!

      Delete
  7. What a perfect idea for a party theme! How simple and beautiful to use flowers! Everything looked wonderful, and she looked like she enjoyed her cake. I love that one with her bending over and putting her face right into the cupcake! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Callie! I love that one too, and ya I think she really loved eating her first cupcake!

      Delete
  8. These are great photos! And what a wonderful day it looks like it was! So wonderful Chloe can walk so much...Lillian still doesn't on her own yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe well thank you Rachel, it was such a fun and special day for us!!

      Delete