Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chloe Eats: Lunch


Chloe's lunch a few day's ago consisted of blackberries ( which she loves) , peas, corn, and for the first time ever I gave her organic unsalted peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast. She ate mostly everything except for the peas and corn which she only ate a little of. Chloe seemed to really love trying the peanut butter for the first time and I'm happy to say she isn't allergic to it!


Oh and that brown spot on Chloe's face is peanut butter! To make sure she wasn't allergic to it before I let her try some I just put a little dab of it on her cheek and left it on for 20 minutes to see if she would have any reaction to it. She didn't have any reaction to the peanut butter so I then let her try some on a piece of whole wheat toast! Thank you Leah for the great tip, Chloe absolutely loves peanut butter now!


I'd love to hear about what you give your child for lunch everyday, leave me a comment below!

10 comments:

  1. Oh that peanut butter on the cheek thing is perfect! I might have to try that now, too! We've been waiting since I was afraid of allergies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I actually got the idea from another Mom blogger!! Chloe loves peanut butter so I am so glad she is not allergic to it!

      Delete
  2. She is so cute!

    Avery usually has a little sandwich, or a healthy pizza (wheat tortilla with low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni baked at 350 degrees for 5 minutes) and she always has a smoothie. Almost always it's banana, strawberry, blueberry, yogurt and low calorie orange juice. That's her favorite! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! The pizza sounds good, I bet Chloe would love that! and I love smoothies too, I want to start making them on a regular basis since I know Chloe would probably love them too!

      Delete
  3. So glad she enjoys it! Charlie had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch today too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks so much for the tip about putting it on their cheek first!

      Delete
  4. that is one cute little blackberry face! yay for pb! we are big sunbutter and almond butter fans too. well really any and all butters are welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She loves blackberry's! We haven't had sunbutter yet, we will have to try it!

      Delete
  5. Cute! I may use that peanut butter tip too...Lillian hasn't tried any yet. For lunch Lillian usually has a banana or avocado with a slice of wheat bread, and maybe some applesauce to finish it. And of course breast milk before and/or after, too! She's been loving water too. :) I will have to try blackberries with Lillian too, Chloe looks like she loves those!
    I put the recipe for the healthy smash cake on the blog now, too, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the tip from Leah at http://crunchyfarmbaby.blogspot.com! It worked out so well for us! Sounds like Lillian has a very yummy and healthy lunch! I bet she will love the backberries!

      Thanks for sharing your recipe, it looks so yummy!

      Delete