Wednesday, August 15, 2012

14 Months Old

Yesterday my sweet Chloe turned 14 months old, ahh how can this be!


She is growing much, much too fast these day's, it's so exciting watching her blossom and grow but at the same time it also fills my heart with a little bit of sadness. I just never knew how quickly she would grow, how fast those sweet baby days would fly by.

I am absolutely loving this fun new toddler stage we are at, though I'm not going to lie is also a bit challenging at times. Chloe has the most infectious smile and laugh I have ever seen and her personality is so bright and vibrant. Chloe is strong willed, stubborn, independent and wild and I love all those things about her!



Here's whats new with Chloe:


:: Chloe has been obsessed with taking baths and playing in the water lately which is amazing since not too long ago Chloe went through a phase of being scared to sit down in the bath tub.
:: She is getting better and better at running!
:: Chloe loves peek a boo and being chased around the house.
:: Chloe likes to scream at the top of her lungs no matter where we are if she does not get her way. This is not fun!
:: She loves, loves, loves music and watching music videos!
:: Chloe loves playing dress up! She will put my clothes on and even try to wear my shoes.
:: She loves to pretend she's talking on the phone or have us pretend we're talking on the phone.
:: Chloe is learning more signs but still mostly does "more" and "all done".
:: She calls her Aunt Becky "baba", and she also calls banana's "baba".
:: Chloe gets so excited when her Daddy gets home from work!
:: Chloe is pretty good at playing independently with her toys for a little while.
:: Overall Chloe seems to be "getting things" so much more these days. It's pretty darn incredible to watch her discover the world around her.
:: She is loving books, puzzles, and  playing with shapes.
:: When Chloe see's a picture or video of herself she points to the picture or video and get's so excited, it's so cute!
:: Says hi and bye.
:: Chloe can give high fives!



Stats:


Chloe doesn't have a doctors appointment until September 5th, so I'm not quite sure her exact weight and height at the moment, but I am anxious to find out! Chloe is currently wearing size 18 month clothes but I think it's time to move up to the next size especially with fall and winter approaching.

Food:

At 14 months old Chloe is still breastfed on demand. Nursing is still going wonderfully and I am so thrilled we have made it this far and that we're still going strong! The plan is to let Chloe self wean when she is completely ready. As for food Chloe is still eating 3 meals a day and 1 or 2 snacks but she has definitely become more of a picky eater. I'm constantly trying to figure out how to get her to eat more fruits and veggies! New Food's Chloe has tried are: ground flax seeds ( we started mixing this in with our food for added nutrition), smoothie's, green and red bell peppers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and lemons.


Happy 14 months my sweet Chloe!
Your Daddy and I love you more each and everyday!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you're still nursing! We stopped about a month and a half ago (Ezrah was ready!) but I don't think I was. haha, I miss it:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, I know I will be the same way! Breastfeeding is such a beautiful thing!

      Delete
  2. I really can't get over how cute your little girl is! Good job mama for breastfeeding this long! I am pretty passionate about the subject :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 and I know me too! It's amazing how having my own child and breastfeeding her has completely changed me view on it and it's something I am extremely passionate about now!

      Delete