Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our Love Story: The Proposal


Mike proposed to me on May 20th 2009 on our 4 year anniversary. We spent the day at Mt. Rainier, holding hands, laughing, exploring, stealing kisses and admiring the beauty and magic around us. We found a beautiful cliff overlooking what seemed to be a million evergreen trees and parked the car to take pictures. While I was out taking pictures I noticed Mike was still in the car, I asked him what he was doing and he nervously answered that he was looking for something. In that moment I just knew what Mike was looking for, I knew what he was going to ask me and I couldn't believe the moment I always daydreamed about was finally happening!

After a few minutes Mike got out of the car and sat next to me on the cliff overlooking the most beautiful view we had ever seen. I felt so nervous and excited all at the same time and couldn't stop smiling and giggling. Mike looked me in the eyes while holding my hands and told me that I meant so much to him and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me , then he said those 4 magic words "will you marry me"? I jumped into his arms, kissed him on the lips and without any hesitation said YES!


I couldn't believe it, the moment I have always daydreamed about had finally happened and now Mike was my fiance and I was his! I couldn't wait to call everyone I knew but my cell phone had no service where we were and so I had to wait until we were on our way home. The first person I called was my Mom, she told me they already knew Mike was going to propose that day since Mike called my Father a few days prior to ask for his blessing, she said she was having the hardest time keeping it a secret from me!! We told everyone we knew and spent the next few months planning for our February 27th wedding!

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty place to be proposed to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story, and a beautiful setting! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! It was a day I will never forget! Hope you had a great birthday!

      Delete
  3. The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by your love story. :') God bless the both of you.

    ReplyDelete