Friday, December 23, 2011

This Time of Year


Its hard to believe that Christmas is only 2 days away, that the month of December is coming to an end,  and that in 9 days we will welcome the new year with outstretched arms and hopeful hearts. I cant help but think about this time last year, when Chloe was still growing in my belly, when we didn't even know we were having a sweet baby girl, when all I could do was daydream about celebrating Christmas as a family of three and sharing the love and joy that knowing Jesus brings with my baby.

I'm not going to lie, this Christmas inst what I daydreamed it would be. The realization that I will always remember this season in our life as a time of great trials and tribulations is a little saddening to me. I'm trying to remind myself that though this year has been full of challenges I still have so much to thank Jesus for. My daughter is perfect, and healthy, my husband and I are alive, healthy and together, we have food and shelter, and amazing family and friends that love and support us!

And for all that I feel blessed!


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing?! I didn't know it was our little Lillian inside me last Christmas either.
    I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, its hard to believe that was only a year ago. So exciting that we both have our girls with us now to celebrate Christmas! and thank you.

    ReplyDelete