Wednesday, December 14, 2011

6 Months Old


Its hard to believe that 6 months have already passed us by since that glorious day we held our daughter for the first time and breathed in the beauty that she is. Its difficult to find the words to express what this beautiful little being has done to me, how she has forever changed me, and has brought me more love and joy then I have ever felt in my life. As I type this my sweet Chloe is laying on my lap, peaceful and dreaming. My heart swells with pride when I look at her and my eyes fill with tears as I realize just how fast time is going and how quickly my baby is growing. 

One day soon she will be a toddler, full of curiosity and wonder, walking and talking, and mischief. I didn't really think I was going to get this emotional over my daughter turning 6 months old but I cant help it. I love watching her grow, its been more exciting then I ever imagined it to be but of course I cant help but feel a little bit of sadness as I come to the realization that sooner then I even know my baby wont be a baby anymore. I just want to cherish these moments forever!

This is has been such a busy month for Chloe and full of lots of firsts. Chloe celebrated her first Thanksgiving, helped Mommy and Daddy decorate our first Christmas tree, attend her first baby shower, and soon she will be celebrating her first Christmas and New Years! Chloe has done so much growing and learning this past month and never ceases to amazes us.

Here's whats new:

:: Loves to sit up and could do it all day long if we let her
:: Scoots around on her butt while sitting as well as rocking back and forth
:: Loves reaching for everything that's in her sight
:: Now able to roll across the room
:: Has two little teeth on the bottom
:: Has a full head of hair again and it seems to have a little bit of a wave to it in the back
:: We have witnessed Chloe pull herself up once, on Friday the 9th. She hasn't done it since then
:: Chloe has had a few solids now, avocado and banana
:: Loves to laugh and be silly

Stats:

 Chloe weighs 20lbs 7oz and is 27.5 inches long and is mostly wearing size 6-12 months and 12 month clothes but sometimes still wears 9 months and even some 6 months. In diapers she is still wearing a size three.

It's been an incredible month, full of so many new and exciting things! I feel so blessed that God chose me to be Chloe's Mom, I cant say that enough!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months Chloe! Wow, that's amazing she pulled herself up once, and that she rolls across the room and scoots while sitting! Lillian isn't that mobile yet, but she's sure trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I'm not sure I'm ready for a crawler lol but it sure will be so cute to see! I cant believe how grown up our girls are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they grow up far too fast! she's a beautiful baby :) so glad you found my blog so i can enjoy YOURS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! and thank you so much for stopping by and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like she's at such a fun stage. I can't help but get emotional though as I read this. Must be all those pregnancy hormones. ;) Doesn't take much to make me cry these days.

    ReplyDelete